11 August 2017

#RPGaDAY 2017, day 7


What was your most impactful RPG session?

I'm not sure off the top of my head.

It may have been the session where my elf PC, Galron, befriended a White Dragon. We were exploring the Basic Module B1, I know because we also found the room with lots of pools in the same session. We found a lump of Ice blocking one of the tunnels. We were trying to find a way past it when it started to move; before we could do anything there was a white dragon breathing ice at all of us. Galron was the only one to make his saving throw, and everyone else was frozen solid.

I must have been 9 or 10 when this happened. I tried talking to the dragon, but not much came out. I didn't know what to do or say; I had never had to actually role play before without the help of others(I was shy as a kid, so being put on the spot made it worse). After several minutes of my blubbering, the dragon burst out laughing, and decided to help this stupid elf. The dragon brought the rest of the party to the room with the pools and we put them in one which was full of healing potion. After that we had a long term friendship with that dragon, and even protected some eggs for it once, and went on to found the Dragon City. Galron became my favorite character for a long time.

That session had a lasting impact on the setting. Also I started to role-play more and take a more active part in the game after that session.

No comments:

Post a Comment