20 April 2019

Podcast: Dungeons and Dragons and Duncanites

Because it takes so long to transcribe one of the interviews with my father, I've decided to record everything now while I have the opportunity and work on the transcriptions later. In order to allow people to listen to these interviews in the meantime, I have created a podcast where I will be posting the audio files. It's called Dungeons and Dragons and Duncanites and is available on Google Podcasts, Radio Public, Breaker, Pocket Casts, and Spotify, Hopefully it will be up on iTunes soon. Duncanites is a longstanding inside joke with my family based on all the ites people in The Book of Mormon (Jaredites, Nephites, Lamanites, Zoramites, etc). So far I have posted interviews for B1, B2, B6, and the beginning of B10. I plan on going through all the modules we grew up on(X1, X4, X5, X6, X7, X9, XL1, O1, CM2, CM6, M1, M2, IM1, The Sword of Justice, The Treasure of the Hideous One, The Spindle), some of those we never used like War Rafts of Kron and Where Chaos Reigns, and others we only played as a lark with high level characters. I'll probably lump all of those into a single overview interview. After we've gotten through all the modules I want to go briefly go though the rulebooks, focusing on the adventures(mistamere and other suggested adventures), and houserules. From there I'm going to ask my dad to clarify things on some of his old maps. Finally we'll also talk about an overall timeline of the adventures we went through and how that changed the face of the known world. Oh, I also want to go over each of our old character sheets. I'm sure I'll think of more stuff to talk about before we're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment